What most people don’t know about living in Miami Beach is that many people live here full time and it is their primary residence. Most associate Miami Beach as a party town or a vacation destination and it is, however, Miami Beach is much more than this. Miami Beach has a unique charm for its full-time residents.
8 Little Known Secrets About Living in Miami Beach
- Throughout Miami Beach, there are many different types of properties and of course many different price points. Properties can range from the low $100,000’s to several million dollars.
- Miami Beach has a lot of schools from which to choose. There are both public and private school options.
- Miami Beach has several huge parks that feature ice hockey, gymnastics, tennis, swim programs and more. Basic entry to most parks is free for Miami Beach residents. There are a ton of great park programs, and the fees are very competitive to comparable private programs. Learn more about Miami Beach parks here.
- Miami Beach is raising many of the city streets to combat flooding. Learn more about the Miami Beach city’s plans here.
- Parking a is a big commodity on Miami Beach. Miami Beach is an island, and because of this, there is limited space, in most of the high-rise buildings you will get at least one parking space for the unit if you are lucky you may get a second valet space. If your property doesn’t come with parking, the city of Miami Beach has many different parking programs.
- When buying a property in Miami Beach, many people who are not familiar with the layout of the city request direct ocean views, however, western views are also wonderful as they feature a gorgeous city landscape and beautiful lights at night. (The beachside is very dark at night.)
- When buying a property in Miami Beach, if you are buying up in a high-rise, the direct eastern and western side of the buildings tend to get a lot of direct sunlight during the day. If you are an energy efficient person, you may want to consider northern and southern sides.
- Many Miami Beach residents tend to be heavy civic-minded. Politics and community outreach in Miami Beach is pretty spectacular.
- Bonus: Miami Beach is an awesome city, and many people live here full-time year round. It’s an extraordinary place.
Living in Miami Beach
If you are thinking about living in Miami Beach, give me a call, and I will be happy to answer any of your questions 305-793-8965. We have lived in Miami Beach for over 12 years, and it’s been such a great city to call home. Miami Beach offers so many different living options for its year-round inhabitants and second home buyers too.
Homes for Sale in Miami Beach Today