If you are thinking about renting your Miami Beach luxury condo the good news is that Miami Beach is definitely a good renter’s market. In fact the renting market is a sub market of the main residential real estate market in Miami Beach. Most owners hire real estate agents to place the properties on the MLS to rent, assist with the lease, the deposits and the application process.
One important thing to know is that not all agents participate in the rental market. So be sure you are hire an agent who knows the rental market, knows how to get the job done and get you the most money for your rental property.
Here are a few tips that should help you rent your Miami Beach luxury condo fast & for the most money:
- Hire an agent who has experience in the rental market.
- Make sure that really good pictures are taken of the property for marketing.
- Be sure that the property is syndicated online through all of the proper marketing channels. (*Most renters start their search online, you have to be sure that your listing has a strong Internet presence.)
- I would prefer that the agent list the property as “ok to advertise” so that other renter agents can also advertise the property and the property gets maximum exposure (some brokerages have rules on this so ask your agent.)
- Be sure the property is in “it’s best shape possible”, prior to showings. Often people wait to do repairs until the property is under contract with a tenant and unfortunately I feel strongly that some times this decreases the monthly rent price in the end.
- Test everything and make sure it’s in working order prior to showings.
- Hire an agent who shows the property with confidence. You would not believe how much better this is rather than throwing the unit on a lock box. It sets a better impression and ultimately it leads to a better trust factor.
- Be sure your agent is easy to reach and returns calls fast. Renters and renters’ agents work fast. Time is of the essence in returning showing appointment calls and showing the unit.
- Are you paid to date on your maintenance? Most buildings will not allow you to rent your property unless you are up to date on association fees. Be sure to double check on your status and make it right before renting.
- Think about how you will manage the property during the year, collect the renter and take care of maintenance issues.
Good luck with renting your Miami Beach luxury condo and if you ever need help know that we are an email or phone call away.
Copyright © By Jamey Prezzi 2010 * All Rights Reserved*Miami Beach Luxury Condo