Why you need to hire an experienced agent when buying a Miami home is not just about looking at properties but rather the work that goes on behind the scenes. Buying a home in Miami is a pretty decent sized investment, and there can be over 180 steps in the process of purchasing a home, it’s essential to hire an experienced real estate agent to help you.
With that said, we know that a lot of people in Miami have a real estate license but just having a license doesn’t mean that they are experienced and that you should use them to help you buy a new home. There is a lot that does on behind the scenes of buying a new home in addition to the enormous amount of prep work involved before evening looking at properties. To skip any of these crucial steps would not be good.
Often people think that a buyer’s agent’s job is to just show properties. In reality, showing properties is really only one small part of that job. In fact, Ognjen and I work together, and we split up the tasks of this position. It’s a very tedious process, and we combine our resources to make sure we can give a very high level of service to our buyers. We also have a transaction manager who works in conjunction with me when a buyer is under contract.
So let’s talk a little more about the other details than just “showing properties.”
7 Reasons Why You Need To Hire An Experienced Agent When Buying a Miami Home
- PREPPING for the process in advance to looking at homes. One big part of the buyer’s agent job is prepping the buyer for success before even looking at properties. There is a lot that goes into the prep work. During a buyer consultation, we take time to ask questions to make sure we understand what is important to a buyer. Plus, we need to understand what type of financing you are obtaining because some properties may not qualify for traditional financing. The buyer consultation takes about 1 hour.
- FIRST ACCESS to new listings (& sorting through those that are not available). Working with an agent gives you first priority to listings as soon as they hit the market. Some of the online portals have outdated and unavailable listings. Once a new listing hits the market within your criteria we are notified before that property gets syndicated throughout the online portals. Sometimes this can make the difference between getting a great property and not.
- PRICING & MARKET knowledge. Experienced real estate agents are trained and experienced in preparing market comparables. This allows you to make offers based on detailed pricing and market data. This ensures that you get the best-priced property in today’s market.
- NEGOTIATING. Experienced real estate agents are trained and experienced in negotiation and, in most cases, the buyer is not. Buyers must realize that their ability to negotiate will determine whether or not they get the best deal for themselves and their families. Negotiation is not only about the price, but it’s also about the terms of the offer and situations that come up when you are under contract.
- TRANSACTION MANAGEMENT. When our buyers go under contract, there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes. In addition to working with us, we also have a transaction manager who works for us. With an additional set of eyes on the transaction, we ensure our buyers get the best service. During this time there are a lot of moving parts from:
- Creating a list of the contract deadlines
- Making sure all of the vendors are working together (title/attorney, inspector, lender, appraiser, the seller’s side + more)
- Requesting all required seller disclosures
- Negotiating inspections (if needed)
- Negotiating appraisal (if required)
- Making sure the buyer stays on top of all dates and required activities
- + more (180 plus steps)
- SOLUTIONS. After working on over 400 transactions, we have answers to many different situations. Buying a selling a home can be a very emotional process for both sides. It’s important to work with an experienced agent who understands best practices and can give you sound solutions.
- CUSTOMARY. 87% of buyers purchased their home through a real estate agent or broker—According to the National Association of Realtors, this is a share that has steadily increased from 69 percent in 2001.
With home prices on the rise and buyer demand strong, hiring a strong buyer’s agent will ensure that you get the best property in today’s market. Some buyers get really frustrated with the process and start just running around and looking at properties without an experienced buyer’s agent. This is not a great idea. Make sure you take a step back, hire a professional and in no time you can be under contract. Our most recent buyer contacted us and was under contract within a week.
The percentage of buyers who have hired real estate agents to help buy their homes has increased steadily over the last 20 years. Let’s get together and discuss all we can do to make the process easier for you.
image by unsplash @canva