If you are thinking about renting a condo in Miami Beach, Brickell or Downtown Miami…. be prepared for some stiff competition. I said it earlier but now it’s even tougher. Our rental inventory is at an all time low, prices are slowly creeping up and there are a lot of renters looking for property.
Here are 10 things you can do to beat the competition when renting a condo in Miami Beach, Brickell or Downtown Miami
1. Hire an experienced agent who knows the inventory and can show you the best of the best in a timely fashion.
2. Start looking “online” at listings sent from an agent a month in advance so that you start becoming familiar with the inventory.
3. Know that you may have to “give up” something. You may have to give up the perfect flooring, perfect view or something similar.
4. Don’t spend time looking at listings that don’t match your needs (i.e. you have a dog and they don’t accept dogs).
5. Don’t spend time looking at listings that you cannot afford. The rental prices have slowly crept up and most owners are getting close to if not the exact price.
6. Have a quick landlord reference sheet ready. I always write a cover letter for our clients and it works.
7. Get your deposits ready. You are probably going to have to write one check in the amount of one month’s rent with the offer.
8. Pull a credit report from a free online source and send it with the offer.
9. Pick the neighborhood, then the building and focus on units in that building.
10. Don’t waste time doing it yourself, hire a competent agent to get the deal done and help you through the application process.
Copyright © By Jamey Prezzi 2011 * All Rights Reserved* Tips for Renting a Condo in Miami Beach, Brickell & Downtown Miami